Sword Art Online Doesn't Deserve All The Hate

Since I first started watching anime, I’ve been hearing quite a lot about Sword Art Online. I already had a plan set for what anime I would watch after I was done with Naruto. And SAO was among them. 


I heard both good and bad stuff about the show. Especially bad stuff. So when I started watching it, I couldn’t understand why people would hate the show so much. At first I thought that maybe it has to do with season 2. But even as I was getting to the end of it, I still didn’t get it. I enjoyed every part of SAO. At that time, SAO was my very first Isekai anime and to be honest, I was so new to the weeb and otaku culture, that I didn’t even know what an Isekai was. (Isekai simply stands for an anime genre of being transported in another world.)


After Naruto I’ve seen a few other anime before I got to SAO and I really loved to see such a cool concept of getting transported and trapped in another world. We all know how some Isekai can be. Most of them have very similar concepts and characters. Especially the part where the guy is super OP (overpowered). Even though Kirito is also a very OP character, it wasn’t like he was like that from the very beginning. He started just like everyone else. Just like in every game you play, there will always be someone at the top. But he too started from the bottom just like every other player. 


Looking back through all the seasons and movie, I came to love how with each passing season, everything about the anime got even better. New characters, better animation, more amazing soundtracks and so on. Speaking of soundtracks, SAO has some of the best openings and ending theme songs in all anime. I’ve seen people that even though they hate SAO, they still listen to songs such as Crossing Field. Soon, a new movie will come out and I for one am truly excited for it. Because we get to experience season one all over again, but from a different character's point of view. Which will totally change our perspective of SAO. 

Personally, I’m enjoying the way SAO is right now. And it just keeps getting better. 

Comments